Before & Afters

Friday, September 25, 2009

I am currently editing a lot of photos. A lot. I complain about it, but secretly, I love it. I also love learning about it. I've grown a lot in the past 8 or so months, and when I look back at old pictures, I cringe. Mostly because I had no idea what I was doing way back when. I'm mostly self taught {I did take photography back in college, about *ahem* 11 or so years ago} but hey, that was with Photoshop 7 and a film camera. And an 18 year-old attention span. I try to keep up with online tutorials, and get advice from other photographers, as I assume most other photographers do too.

Now, typically we shoot children, newborns and family. Weddings generally happen in the summer months, and on weekends, so they don't happen quite as often, so we shoot more of the family stuff.

Which means I don't get to do a lot of funky editing. And that's where it's at for me. The different, either over saturated, under saturated, funky vintage, retro, off beat editing. I live for it. Most parents tend to shy away from that stuff, which is fine, because I also like really vibrant pictures too.

But who doesn't like a good 70's style edit? C'mon.

(ps. Happy 1 year to Becca & Jase)
Photobucket

I love it. You may not. That's okay. Don't read my blog.

Kidding. read it just keep your opinions to yourself.

Here is that same picture, but SOOC (Straight out of Camera)

Photobucket

Still cute. A bit flat. A bit dark, and yes I notice that spot on her head. But I like it there. I like sun spots and sun flares. That's just how I roll.

I just think my funky 70's version is a bit more fun

I get bored easily and don't like rules all that much. But when editing for people who are paying me to take their picture, I can't really go buck wild. So, I do with my own kids pictures. Because what are they going to say really?

Here is a pic I took in June of Abby
Photobucket

This is my typical run of the mill, colour pop. Cute pic.

BORING to me.

so....I played around

Photobucket

This look is cute. She's a bit white and ghostish, but I wasn't going for realism here. Just fun.

Photobucket

Now, this is more like it. I like this one.

And then, just because everyone likes a good Black and White


Photobucket

Here's one with a bit of Silver for good measure.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You are a really FAB editor. I love your pictures. Such a fun style! I try not to think about how long I have been out of college either. 11 years for me too. My college didn't have any classes about cameras because it was a bible college. Man!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images