Fall Transition: The Grey T-Shirt

Monday, September 28, 2015

It's blog hop day over at The Blended Blog! Today I'm joined by Christy and Joy and we're all talking about different ways to transition our summer wardrobe into fall!



I'm talking about the grey t-shirt. Until recently I was never really a t-shirt gal. Until I realized two things, the power of good quality basic pieces, and layering.

My grey boyfriend tee is one of my fave clothing items, year round. For summer, I'll wear with boyfriend jean shorts, or bright shorts, and just throw a necklace on and done. Easy! But for fall, I have 3 fave looks:

1. With Cardigan


Grey T shirt - with Cardi



Lucky Brand long sleeve top
63 CAD - luckybrand.com



Grey shirt
12 CAD - shein.com



H&m jeans
61 CAD - hm.com



Black bootie
130 CAD - toms.com



Hobo purse
67 CAD - smile.amazon.com






2. With Blazer- I often switch out the black pencil pants for skinny jeans on Fridays at work.

Grey T shirt with Blazer



Grey shirt
12 CAD - shein.com



Maurices blazer
59 CAD - maurices.com



Old Navy flat front pants
40 CAD - oldnavy.gap.com



Lena Luisa special occasion shoes
20 CAD - zulily.com



Panacea tassle necklace
51 CAD - lordandtaylor.com





3. Alone, with scarf. ( I own ever piece below and LOVE This look)
Grey T shirt blanket scarf



Summer shirt
12 CAD - shein.com



Old Navy skinny jeans
25 CAD - oldnavy.gap.com



Torrid cowgirl boots
93 CAD - torrid.com



Plaid blanket scarf
40 CAD - etsy.com



How do you wear your grey t-shirt? I'd love to hear below!

Make sure you head on over to  Christy's blog next (and if you didn't come here from Joy's blog, click here!)


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I loove that plaid scarf...actually, I love that entire outfit. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all three looks!! I'm loving these posts because they totally inspire me to use some of my clothes differently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I totally rocked your maxi into fall look the other day:) I Even have the earrings !

      Delete
  3. That plaid scarf is my favorite look. I just ordered a new scarf from Asos - and I can't wait to wear it - and I might copy this look.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! I am so envious of those who can gracefully wear a blanket scarf. My 'girls' get in the way of heavy scarves and I wind up looking like I am wearing a down comforter around my neck rather than a simple blanket! Need to try the gray tee with a black blazer. Such a classic look. Thank you for some terrific inspiration, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! And trust me took a bit to get used to the blanket scarf!!

      Delete
  5. I'll take one of everything, thanks! :) You are fueling my shopping habit. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the BB hop! A grey tshirt is one of my favorite pieces - so versatile and easy to style! I love the third look with the blanket scarf - I'm always looking for easy ways to style mine and often find myself overcomplicating it. Your look is so simple - yet so adorable. Thanks for the tips!

    Chel
    thatssochelish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes I tend to over complicate things too. Thank god for Pinterest and Polyvore. How did we live before that ?!

      Delete
  7. I am absolutely in love with that scarf!!! Thanks for the great ideas. I didn't realize a grey tee was so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tshirts. Not only are they versatile but when you get them dirty they wash up so quickly and easily. I agree with the majority - that scarf is dynamite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently got a light grey AND a dark grey tee from Old Navy and I've been wearing them a TON! I love all your looks, especially the one with the blazer. I'm copying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a bit of a gray addiction - it's such a great color to pair with everything. Such great looks here!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images