Mady's first real concert

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This past Saturday, along with my Mom and Sister, I took my eldest to her first real concert. Lilith Fair. Madison will be 11 on August 4th, so I figure what a better way to celebrate her birthday then one of the biggest concert festivals.
I went to Lilith in 1998, the second year it ran. It was huge, and changed the way I listened to music. Though, I do remember being EXTREMLY hung over the entire day, it was still fun, and I loved every minute.
I was so excited for Mady to experience it. To listen to music she's never heard before, and appreciate live music, by some of the country's BEST women performers.
To my dismay, like 3 or 4 major performers dropped out of Toronto Stop. One being Kelly Clarkson, one of Mady's main reasons for going. This left me with the Lights being the only one she's probably heard off.
THEN, we hear it's calling for rain. Lots of it. The one day the weather network didn't disapoint was Saturday. It freaking poured rain from 2 until god knows when but close to 8pm. We had a couple little breaks of no rain, more like a mist.
Needless to say, soaking wet, with pruned fingers, we still had fun. Not as much as some people in the lawns mind you, though Madison is not old enough to drink lol
I'm not sure she quite appreciated the banjo and fiddle playing of the Courtyard Hounds like I did, though she thought it was cool to see 2/3rds of the Dixie Chicks.
She did recognize one Chantal Kreviazuk song, but wasn't as engrossed as I was. (Chantal is one of my faves)
Her favourite of course was Lights, who was surprisingly good. Rather than be annoyed by her songs on the radio, I'm now actually impressed by her.
Madison wanted to go after Lights, (before Sarah to my dismay) we made her stay so we could listen to at least 2 or 3 Mary J Blidge and wow, did she perform. When she started singing "Real Love" the crowd went mental, as did I, and Mady just looked confused. Poor child. Music education I guess right?
Anywho - Here are some pics I managed to get from the day, on the iphone, as I was not about to bring a camera with me in the rain.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
after lunch is when it started raining, though it didnt stop us from 'eating beaver' as my mom called it. Beavertails that is. Mothers can be so embarassing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look it's chantal. Oh wait, the iphone sucks for zoom
it also sucks at night time photos....
Photobucket






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images